Our ticket machines ae installed at all travel transfer points and at all frequently-used local public transport stops. Stops with a ticket machine are also marked in the printed and electronic map
of the local public transport network in the close-up regime.
All ticket machines return change; you should, however, pay close attention to the list of coins shown on the display when buying a ticket. Not all coins can be used all of the time. Do not put coins into the ticket machine whose value is not shown on the display.
If a ticket machine is out-of-order, if a ticket machine does not return coins or does not issue you a ticket, you can apply for a refund. To do so, click here.
A larger choice of single tickets for the South Moravian Public Transport System sold at DPMB, a.s. ticket machines
The selection of single tickets that can be bought from ticket machines operated by Brno Public Transport Authority (DPMB, a.s.) was enlarged when the tariffs charged by the South Moravian Public Transport System changed on 1 January 2012. Ticket machines now sell tickets for two to ten zones, all-zone tickets, “pay-the-difference” charge tickets for combinations of travel tickets and one-day tickets for Brno tariff zones 100 and 101. All these tickets are available in full fare and reduced fare versions.
The range of single tickets in the South Moravian Public Transport System sold at DPMB, a.s. ticket machines as of 1 January 2012
|Valid in / for
|“Pay-the-difference” charge for 1 zone when combining travel tickets
|2 zones / 15 (45) minutes
|2 zones / 60 minutes
|3 zones / 90 minutes
|4 zones / 90 minutes
|5 zones / 120 minutes
|6 zones / 120 minutes
|7 zones / 150 minutes
|8 zones / 150 minutes
|9 zones / 180 minutes
|10 zones / 180 minutes
|All zones / 180 minutes
|Zones 100 + 101 / 24 hours
How to use ticket machines
- Check whether the ticket machine is working. A ticket machine which is working has a lit display showing the word JÍZDENKY (TICKETS). This word alternates with information about the day, date and time. If a ticket machine is out-of-order, please call 5 4317 4317; you can also report an out-of-order ticket machine to any local public transport driver.
- Choose the type of ticket you require from the selection and press the appropriate button (for example, full-fare, two-zone, 60 minutes). Choose the number of tickets you require by pressing the appropriate button, for example, 2 times for 2 tickets. You can press ZRUŠIT (CANCEL) at any time to cancel your order.
- The display then shows a list of coins that you can use to pay (for example, CZK 1, 2, 5, 10, 20, 50) and the coin slot opens. Please pay attention to this list – some coins cannot be used if the correct change is not available in the machine at that time.
- Pay in coins in the required values until you reach the total price of the tickets you are buying, if possible from lowest to highest value. The coin slot closes and re-opens each time you pay in a coin. The amount that still needs to be paid is shown on the display. If you have chosen the wrong ticket or the wrong number of tickets, you can cancel your order by pressing ZRUŠIT (CANCEL). The ticket machine will then return your money.
- Your tickets are printed after you have paid in the last coin and the following words appear on the display: “Vyřizuji Vaši žádost, moment!” (Your request is being dealt with. Please wait a moment). The ticket machine then returns your change and issues the printed tickets. If tickets are not issued, press the ZRUŠIT (CANCEL)button. The ticket machine will return your money. If the button is not working, wait 20 seconds and the ticket machine will return your coins automatically.
- If you want to buy reduced-fare tickets, you must first press the ZLEVNĚNÁ (REDUCED FARE) button.